Regarded as one of the best snipers of all time, Lyudmila Pavlichenko was born in Tserkva city in Ukraine(formerly part of the Soviet Union). Pavlichenko is also considered the greatest female sniper of all time.
Facts About Lyudmila Pavlichenko:
- She was born on 12 July 1916.
- Her full name was Lyudmila Mikhailovna Pavlichenko.
- She got married at 16 and had a son. Her marriage was short lived and ended in divorce.
- She studied at Kiev University from where she got a Masters degree in History.
- When Pavlichenko was young, she joined a shooting club and became a skilled marksman.
- At the age of 25, Pavlichenko was recruited as a sniper in the Soviet Red Army after initially being refused a combat role. Pavlichenko’s superiors thought she was pretty and delicate, and was more suited to being a nurse. Pavlichenko proved them wrong by showing them her shooting skills. [Read more…] about Lyudmila Pavlichenko: Facts About the Greatest Female Sniper of all Time