Born in Massachusetts USA, Sheri McCoy is an American scientist and business executive. She is one of the most influential woman of the 21st century.
Some Interesting Facts about Ms. McCoy:
- Sherilyn Sheri McCoy was born in 1959 in the city of Quincy, Massachusetts.
- She has a Bachelors degree in Textile Chemistry. In addition to this she also has a Masters degree in Chemical Engineering and a Masters degree in Business Administration.
- In 2011, Fortune Magazine listed her as the 10th most powerful woman in business.
- In 2012, Forbes named her the 39th most powerful woman in the world.
- McCoy joined the Johnson & Johnson Company in 1982 where she worked for 30 years.
- She worked in the R&D department of the company. Her department dealt with research and development of woman health products. She eventually became the head of Johnson & Johnson’s research division.
- During her time at the company she occupied several executive positions.
- She became the Vice Chairman of the company in 2010.
- McCoy resigned from the company in 2012 after she was superseded by a junior executive who was appointed CEO of the company instead of McCoy.
- She was appointed CEO of Avon Products in 2012.
- Sheri remained the CEO of Avon from 2012-2017.
- In 2018, she was elected to the board of directors of the Kimberly-Clark Corporation.
- Sheri McCoy has 5 patents to her name, registered in The United States and Europe.
- She is married and has 3 sons.