Although, the highest point in the United Arab Emirates is at the mountain Jebel Jais, but since the summit of Jebel Jais is in UAE’s neighbor Oman, it can’t be considered as the tallest mountain of the Emirates. So the mountain with the highest summit in UAE, which is Jabal Yibir would be considered the tallest mountain of the country.
Facts about Jabal Yibir:
- It has a height of about 1727m.
- The peak of Jabal Yibir on average, is about 10-15 degrees cooler than the rest of the country.
- The mountain is a part of the Hajar Mountain Ranges.
- The mountain is located in the state of Fujairah.
- The parent peak of Jabal Yibir is Jebel Qihwi. Jebel Qihwi is located in Oman.
- A proper asphalt road is built from the base of the mountain to the summit.
- The summit of the mountain is home to a Military base, so the road leading to the summit is filled with military checkpoints.
- Previously visitors and tourists were allowed to go up to 1300m above on the mountain. The military base is about 100m above this point.
- However, since 2016 the mountain has been completely sealed off to the public from the ground to the summit.