- Saudi Aramco is the world’s largest oil producer.
- It is based in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- It is an internationally known company that markets all over the world while also distributing locally.
- Saudi Aramco supplies more than ten percent of the world’s global demand for oil.
- As a company, Saudi Aramco owns a fleet of oil tankers and works with other countries like China, Japan, South Korea, and the U.S., to refine, market, and distribute oil.
- Saudi Aramco owns the world’s largest oil field named Ghawar Field and Shaybah Field. It has the largest amount of crude oil reserves with more than two hundred and sixty billion barrels and also boasts the largest amount of daily oil production.
- Saudi Aramco is the world’s most valuable company as its value has been estimated at approximately 1.2 trillion US dollars.
- Fifty six thousand employees work at Saudi Aramco and it experienced a revenue of over 465 billion dollars in 2012.
Since 1932 when oil was first discovered in Bahrain and then in 1938 when the kingdom’s first commercial oil field was discovered in Dhahran, Saudi Aramco has made it’s presence known in the oil community.
Leave a Reply